and help survivors find their voice.
Every survivor of domestic violence has a unique story to tell. For nearly 50 years, Women’s Center & Shelter of Greater Pittsburgh (WC&S) has been helping survivors overcome their fear, trauma, and despair to find their voices once again. As domestic violence continues to increase in frequency, severity, and complexity, we are grateful to you, our amazing community of supporters, for giving comfort and hope to thousands of survivors each year.
WC&S served 7,743 adults and children experiencing domestic violence last year through programs and services such as: Hotline Services, Emergency Shelter, Legal Advocacy, Medical Advocacy, Education and Outreach, Children’s Advocacy Program, Wellness Service (including support groups and individual counseling), and more!
What Your Support Means:
- $25 can provide one hour of counseling and safety planning on the Hotline (phone, text, online chat)
- $50 can provide two hours of domestic violence education
- $100 can provide one night of safety in the emergency shelter, including meals
- $250 can provide ten hours of learning in the Children’s Advocacy Program
- $500 can provide 16 hours of virtual group counseling for survivors of domestic violence
- $1,000 can provide 30 hours of individual advocacy and systems coordination for high-risk victims, which includes the creation of complex safety plans
It is a long journey, but piece by piece, survivors slowly put their lives back together, utilizing all of the resources and tools provided to them, along with the care and compassion extended by the WC&S staff, Board of Directors, and our community of friends like you.
Thank you for being a member of the WC&S community.
Other Ways to Give
Help ensure the long-term sustainability of WC&S while also enhancing your own financial health.
Designate WC&S as the recipient of your support through your annual workplace giving campaign.
You may be able to double your donation through your company’s employee matching gift program.