Urgent & Essential Needs List
Donating new products from our Essential Needs List helps to ensure that Women’s Center & Shelter can provide adult and child survivors of domestic abuse with the basic necessities they so often must leave behind. Your contributions empower survivors to move forward with their lives safely and with confidence.
These are the items we need right now. If you’re looking to make an impact by making an in-kind donation, please consider donating one or more of these items.
- $10 and $15 Giant Eagle Gift Cards
- Adult-Sized Cloth and Disposable Masks
- Child-Sized Disposable Masks
- Shaving Cream
- Bath Towels
- New Air Mattresses
- New Masculine Clothing (sizes 2T-3T)
- New Plus-Size Clothing (for children and adults)
- Multicultural Hair Care Products (full-sized bottles)
- Linens - Twin Sheet Sets, Twin Comforters, Pillow Cases, Blankets
- Snacks - Fruit Snacks, Granola Bars, Chips, Microwave Popcorn, Packaged Cookies/Crackers, etc.
- Ziplock Bags
- Rubbermaid or Other Plastic Containers
- Paper Towels
- Cleaning Products
- Hand Sanitizer
- Laundry Detergent
- Reusable Tote Bags
- Clorox Wipes
Paper Plates & Bowls
These are essential items we keep in stock for our clients. If you have these items already and wish to donate them, we will gladly accept them. If you are looking to purchase new items or collect in-kind donations on our behalf, please consider choosing items from our Urgent Needs list above.
Babies & Children
* Due to limited storage, we currently are not accepting donations of these items: feminine hygiene products, toothbrushes, toothpaste, bar soap, shampoo/conditioner, and wash cloths.
Gently Used Items
Due to very limited storage space, we are unable to accept any used items at this time. However, Women’s Center & Shelter has established partnerships with local thrift stores to allow our clients the freedom to shop for their own families. If you bring your used clothing or other items to one of the listed locations, our clients receive vouchers to shop!
View a list of participating thrift stores to find a nearby donation partner.
Shop online for items on our Urgent and Essential Needs lists through our Amazon wish list (you must be logged in to an Amazon account to view the list). When checking out, please be sure to choose the gift receipt message option and include your name and contact information so that we can acknowledge your donation.
Select Women’s Center & Shelter as your chosen charity and the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price on eligible items. Learn more about the AmazonSmile program on our Other Ways to Give page.
Support WC&S and local businesses by donating a restaurant-prepared meal for adult and child residents. To coordinate a meal drop-off or restaurant order, contact Jake at (412) 687-8017 ext. 331 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For product donation questions, please contact Jess at (412) 687-8017 ext. 307 or JessW@wcspittsburgh.org
Visit our Other Ways to Give section for more information and more ways to help survivors of domestic violence build new lives.