One of the best ways to support Women’s Center & Shelter is through community fundraisers. Whether you’re collecting cash, gift cards, or essential items for our shelter residents, a community fundraiser is a great way to show your support and dedication to the people who depend on WC&S’ services.
Get Started Now Read our Community Fundraiser Agreement, which contains important guidelines and requirements for planning a fundraiser on WC&S' behalf.
Complete a Community Fundraiser Proposal and get approved to host your fundraiser!
What is a community fundraiser? A community fundraiser is led by volunteers, rather than WC&S staff. WC&S will provide limited support but the planning, execution and responsibility for the event is taken on by the volunteer(s) planning it.
What kind of community fundraiser should I plan? There are tons of wonderful fundraising ideas to choose from. Some examples include:
- Host a donation drive at your work for gift cards or items from our Urgent and Essential Needs list
- Host a benefit dinner for WC&S
- Host a house party and ask your guests to donate a “cover charge”
- Host a concert or comedy night
- Create a social media fundraiser and raise money online
Who can plan a community fundraiser? Anyone! WC&S is regularly the recipient of fundraisers held by:
- Community Organizations
- Small Businesses
- School Groups
- Church Groups
- Book Clubs
- Groups of Friends and Family
For questions or assistance with a current fundraiser, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.