Mission, Vision, Values
Beginning in 2020, Women’s Center & Shelter embarked upon a journey to develop mission, vision, and values statements that best encompass the breadth and scope of our work most accurately and meaningfully. Input from WC&S staff members, clients, committee members, and the Board of Directors was collected through various conversations and exercises.
The new DNA, mission, and vision statements, as well as our new values and definitions were officially approved by the Board of Directors on June 8, 2021. Thank you to Newton Institute for assistance on this collaborative project. We will continue to live out our mission, vision, and values and ensure that they are ingrained in every part of our work.
WC&S DNA Statement
We are advocates, grounded in fostering a community of safety, healing, and empowerment for anyone affected by domestic violence.
We will strengthen our ability to meet the individual and evolving needs of those affected by domestic violence by investing in the growth of our people, deepening community engagement, and amplifying the voices of all survivors.
We exist to end domestic violence and create safe spaces for help, healing, and hope.
WC&S Value Definitions
- Safety: We actively work with individuals and communities to protect against physical, emotional, psychological, economic, and sexual abuse.
- Uplifting Others: We inspire hope through listening, believing survivors, encouraging creative expression, and providing resources to plan for the future.
- Compassion: We practice wisdom and patience to imagine each individual's experiences without judgement.
- Courage: We cultivate bold strength and resilience to venture forward in the face of pain, fear, and grief.
- Equity: We stand up, speak out, and take action for diversity, equity, and inclusion for all.
- Survivor-Centered Advocacy: We prioritize the needs and wishes of survivors on their healing journeys by creating a supportive, affirming environment that treats all survivors with dignity and respect.
- Stewardship: We build and continuously improve our organization's systems to manage and protect the resources entrusted to us.